Portland Sewer Line Repair & Replacement
Multnomah County Sewer Services Backed by Decades of Experience
When it comes to plumbing issues, none are more urgent than those having to do with your sewer line. Cracks or clogs in these pipes can result in extensive system damage and a total interruption of service. At Royal Flush, our team is proud to offer our customers over 30 years of service focused exclusively on sewer lines and water lines throughout Portland and Multnomah County. Whether you suspect there may be a leak in your sewer line or you are experiencing a total system breakdown and need trenchless sewer repair, our Portland sewer service specialists are here to provide you with the care you need.
Signs that You May Have Sewer Problems
As with most things, early diagnosis is always ideal when it comes to addressing sewer line issues. Because so much of your plumbing system is hidden, it can be difficult to identify problems when they first appear – and even more so to find the root cause. In these cases, our video inspections can be hugely helpful. There are, however, several things that the average property owner can look out for.
Indications the you need sewer line repair include:
- Slow draining - If you've got slow in the bathtub, or it's not draining at all then give us a call. If you have just one drain that's slow you likely need drain cleaning. But if you have multiple drains that are slow then your sewer line is the culprit.
- Strange gurgling sounds from the toilet - Especially notice when it's happening to an unused plumbing appliance. If you do hear this gurgling sound from your toilet while you're using the dishwasher, then call in our Portland sewer line repair experts because the air isn't ventilating and pressure is building.
- Sewage backup in the tub or toilet - Backflow is the result of water pressure that's so low that is actually reverses course and comes up out of your plumbing appliances. This only happens in extreme circumstances.
- Sewer odors anywhere on your property - Since gasses rise, the first place to find bad smells when you need sewer line repair is in your basement, or the lowest floor if you don't have one.
- Flooding in your yard - If it seems like there's water coming from underground, it's most likely because it is. Contact our Portland sewer line repair experts to get your yard back to normal.
- Frequent clogs or backups - If you're finding that you're dealing with one backup after another, then consider your sewer line. It's the drain for all of your drains and if it's backed up, so will all your drains.
What Causes Problems in Sewer Lines?
There are several common culprits when it comes to sewer problems, some of which you can work to avoid, some of which just happen sometimes. These include:
- Clogged drains: Pressure building up in the pipe can cause strain that it was not meant to handle and result in a pipe burst or crack. Being vigilant about what goes into your drains and acting promptly when clogs appear can help minimize the domino effect.
- Older sewer lines: Sometimes because of the materials they are made of, sometimes just because of the amount of time they’ve been in use, older sewer lines are very frequently to blame for collapses. Property owners should consider getting an inspection if they know that they have an older system.
- Tree roots: Trees, and plants of all kinds, can be impressively tenacious and make their way into sewer lines for access to the water and nutrients.
How Can You Prevent Sewer Line Repair?
Whether you recently underwent sewer line repair or replacement and want to avoid experiencing complications again in the future or simply aim to be proactive, start taking the right steps now to help keep your systems working properly.
- Receive sewer line inspections annually – Rule out and identify problems early by hiring a Portland or Oregon City plumber to perform a video inspection at least once a year.
- Remove intruding trees – Stop roots from puncturing and growing into your sewer line, which could disrupt the flow of waste into the sewer.
- Be smart about usage – Steer clear of disposing any materials other than human waste and toilet paper to help prevent blockages.
Although not all damages are preventable, you can still make smart decisions that help you reduce the possibility you'll need sewer line repair in Portland, OR. Contact us today with any questions!
Royal Flush Is Here to Help
Our team knows how important it is to address these issues as quickly and accurately as possible. A plumbing issue of this magnitude is not just inconvenient, it is an issue of sanitation and safety. Fortunately, our Portland sewer service experts have everything you need to diagnose and correct the problem and get you back to normal!